Thursday, August 20, 2009


JENGA HOUSE

That's right, I said it. J-E-N-G-A H-O-U-S-E. Some geniuses at
Sou Fujimoto Architects built a house inspired by the game, Jenga, in Kamakura, Japan. It's essentially a 13' x 13' x 13' cube that's meant to be rented out as a vacation or weekend house, and has a view of the River Kuma.

My inner hippie is smiling ear to ear right now.

Anyone that knows me, knows that I'm a sucker for wood, glorious wood. Preferably raw, unfinished, and slightly irregular. I love it in all its forms...furniture, jewelry, crafts, etc. So, for me, this is heaven. PLUS, it's made of cedar, which means that it must smell sooo good inside! It's like spending a weekend inside a sauna, minus the sweltering heat and a bit of the claustrophobia.

Sure, it has received criticism for not being the most functional space. Waste of wood, waste of space, blah blah. BUT COME ON. Who wouldn't love to explore all of its hidden nooks and crannies for even an afternoon? Personally, I would love to design an office inspired by this space.

Check out more photos
here.

No comments:

Post a Comment