Monday, January 4, 2010


KANDINSKY @ THE GUGGENHEIM

I was in heaven today.

I FINALLY checked out the Vasily Kandinsky retrospective at the Guggenheim....I've been planning to go ever since I saw an ad for it on the 4 train a couple of months ago. He's one of my favorite painters, so for me it was a must-see.

What's so interesting about the show is that you really get a sense of his progression from very fluid (yet rough?) explorations of abstraction to his later years in Paris where he really solidified the style that he became known for. Brightly colored, super-geometric, whimsical, dynamic and incredibly entrancing.

I fell in love with him all over again.

Catch it before the show ends on January 13!

If you've already seen it, I'd love to hear your thoughts. 
Please post a comment!


1 comment: