Wednesday, January 27, 2010




TROPICALIA BY MOROSO

This winter weather must be affecting me....lately all I can think of is sun, beach and more sun. So naturally, when I came across these FABULOUS chairs by Patricia Urquiola for Italian furniture company, Moroso, I did a little dance in my seat.

To be honest, when I think of Italian furniture design, I usually cringe. I've learned to associate it with massive leather couches in unsavory colors, weird lacquered surfaces and an overall feeling of ostentatiousness. This is a broad statement, I know. Sorry, Italy.
If it helps, I'm a huge sucker for espresso and pesto.

Anyway, these chairs simply make me happy. They energize me and make me want to dig out my purple plastic sunglasses. I'm mesmerized by the patterns created by the weaving and by the luscious candy-like color combinations.

See more from Moroso here.

No comments:

Post a Comment