Thursday, January 21, 2010




SARAGHINA

Tonight, I had THE MOST wonderful dinner at a little Bed Stuy gem, called Saraghina. The Napolitano-style black olive (yes), sausage (yes), buffalo mozzarella (yes!) and hot pepper oil (YES!!) pizza was TO DIE FOR. But what really blew me away was the interior.

Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera on me, so I had to pull these images from the web. Obviously, they were all taken in daylight. Although beautiful by day, at night it takes on a completely
different feel.

Let's set the scene...shall we?

Flickering candlelight, whitewashed walls, glass paneled cabinets displaying row upon row of clear and blue stained glass bottles,
small mismatched tables paired with mismatched chairs, raw unfinished wood, over-sized vintage signage, shelves filled with
retro cookbooks...

It has a utilitarian barn-like feel, but quite modernized (could be
due to the copious amounts of white-ness), super romantic and incredibly intimate.

To be honest, I'm hesitant to even post this, out of fear that this little gem will get too much attention...and then I'll have to wait eons for a table the next time I go! But caring is sharing, right?

I'm not posting the address though. Find that on your own. :)

2 comments: