Wednesday, February 24, 2010






ABC...OMG

Apologies for disappearing for a few days, folks. What can I say? 
Life happens.

What I'm about to share is by no means a secret hidden gem of NYC. If you reside in the city, are anywhere from 15-65 years of age, and spend any time at all around Union Square, this is quite frankly, old news. 
BUT, I simply can't refrain from gushing.

Over the weekend, I passed by my FAVORITE FAVORITE FAVORITE store in all of New York, ABC Home. Unfortunately, it was late at night and the store was closed, but being the insistent shopper that I am, I was able to get a glimpse of its breathtaking interior, by shoving my face through the metal grates. Natural imported wood furniture, luscious gem-toned textiles, ornate (but never gaudy) home accessories, all lit by incredibly gorgeous chandeliers (of all colors) tucked between panels of raw silk and other tapestries. Rustic, yet immensely rich. 

It's not everyone's aesthetic...if you're faint at heart or a fan of Scandinavian design (clean lines, modern), then this place is not for you (you might want to check out a certain little known Swedish store nestled in Red Hook).

Literally, when I step inside ABC, I can't suppress the desire to touch and smell all of it. All of my senses are awakened, and I want to buy it all. 
And realizing that stuff is not all that affordable always make me want to cry a little.

See for yourself. I promise you'll love it as much as I do.

Top photo courtesy of jubella.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment