Thursday, February 11, 2010





RIP AMcQ

When I decided to start this blog, I wanted to make a conscious effort to avoid discussing fashion. I love clothes (what girl doesn't, really?), but to comment on it would imply that I know what I'm talking about when it comes to the crazy world we know as fashion. The fact is, I really don't. I like what I like, and sometimes that means polyester and scuffed boots.

But every once in a while, the line between art and fashion blurs to the point that I feel like I must say something.

Alexander McQueen died today. 

No more umbrella hats. No more amazingly amorphic platform heels. He was an intensely creative spirit, that designed not just fashion, but wearable art. To call him an innovator is an understatement. 

I chose to highlight some pieces from his hat collection that are simply divine. I could come up with a million different ways to describe that breathtaking butterfly hat at the top. But no words could do it justice really.

See some of his collections dating from the present back 
to 2001, here.


No comments:

Post a Comment