Wednesday, February 3, 2010


IN THE SPIRIT OF V DAY

Isn't this exquisite?

I came across a copy of this adorable book of Pablo Neruda's love poems at 192 Books a couple of months back, and instantly fell under its spell. Ok, ok. I didn't actually buy the book (hey, I'm on a budget, and am a HUGE fan of Amazon, where I can usually find books for 
1 cent!)...but the design of it made such an impact that I feel that 
I must share.

Neruda, being the lover of love that he was, deserves no less than this impeccable design. The gorgeous type is set in copper-colored metallic foil, on slightly textured pink paper.

It was designed by Rodrigo Corral (who also designed this and thatand by Marian Bantjes (who created the type for this and that). 

..............................
And I in these lines say:
Like this I want you, love,
love, Like this I love you,
as you dress
and how your hair lifts up
and how your mouth smiles,
light as the water
of the spring upon the pure stones,
Like this I love you, beloved.

(taken and translated from And Because Love Battles)
..............................

(swoon)

P.S. Neruda will have special significance in the upcoming 
couple of months. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment