Saturday, February 6, 2010







KLAUS HAAPANIEMI

I treated myself today. 

MoMA had an Art Book Swap, where I was able to score FOURTEEN NEW ART BOOKS. Well, not actually new...but new to me. :) The deal is that if you bring a book, you get a book. There are piles upon piles to choose from and if you have the patience, its totally worth the hunt. 

The event happens several times a year, in various locations across the US – this was the first one held in NY. To top it all off, I was actually rewarded for being lethargic on this cold, snowy day. I came an hour before it closed, and the deal became 2-for-1. So, I brought seven and walked away with fourteen! Woot woot.

One of the books I came across was by a Finnish illustrator named Klaus Haapaniemi, called Monsters. I instantly fell in lust. It turns out that he's with Big Active, a super-cool design and art collective based in the UK (they're one of my favorites). 

Above are examples of his work, outside of Monsters. See more from the book here.


No comments:

Post a Comment