Sunday, October 4, 2009

MATHIEU CHALLIERES

I remember walking past a window display in Athens back in April that had what must have been Challieres's birdcage-inspired lighting shown. I was blown away, and instantly wanted to run into the store to inquire about one, but the store was unfortunately closed!

Today, I found his lamps in a French design book, and the desire to own one rushed back.

I might try to make one myself (sorry Mathieu!)...but in the meantime, I can just sit and admire.

They're so cute and quirky! AND there's no feeding necessary. So low-maintenance! :)

See more of his work here. He works with many other types of materials, including more traditional crystal. His designs, however, are far from traditional. I mean, check out that white one up top.

Yup, those are mice.

...

...

M-I-C-E.

No comments:

Post a Comment