Sunday, October 25, 2009

SIDEWALK FINDINGS: 
GOWANUS EDITION

So, the sun decided to show itself today, and I was SO grateful. I celebrated by starting off with a "nature-walk" through Prospect Park, and ended up walking through Gowanus towards Carroll Gardens, after grabbing a FANTASTIC lunch at my favorite restaurant, Al Di La.

In an attempt to walk off the sauteed mushrooms and polenta, I strolled along Smith, and discovered a tiny store named Mongo. In the window were these SWEET little salt and pepper shakers that I immediately fell in love with. All shades of pastel blue and green, possibly 50s era and made of bakelite or glass...my favorites were the ones with tiny fish designs.

If I'm still day-dreaming about these beauties tomorrow, I'm heading back for a pair!

No comments:

Post a Comment