Sunday, November 29, 2009

(Click to enlarge. You MUST see all of the details.)


SIDEWALK FINDINGS / 
WYCKOFF STREET EDITION

Ginormous flowers, swaying buildings, dancers, birds and countless patterns make up this mosaic facade of a building in Gowanus, Brooklyn.

Everything is covered with a plastic bead, a button, a ceramic shard, a shell...

And when I say everything, I mean E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G. This includes the actual ground, inside the fence that separates it from the sidewalk. 

BTW, those two round mirrors above the window on the left? Those are from Ikea. I owned one way back when. It's great to see that the artist made good use of those ugly things!

The building is certainly a sight to see, especially on a dreary autumn day.

Susan Gardner started this project in 2001. I can only imagine what the inside looks like. 

See more of her work here.

No comments:

Post a Comment