Sunday, November 15, 2009








TOKYO MILK

I'm a sucker for beautiful packaging. 

Chances are, if a product is packaged in a way that makes my heart skip a beat while I'm walking down the aisle in Duane Reade, I'm taking it home. No questions asked. 

On Friday, before ducking into Kif to meet a friend for dinner, I stopped at a small boutique next door. Inside, I met the most heart-wrenchingly stunning packaging for a perfume/soap line called Tokyo Milk (don't you love that name?). 

I mean, take a look for yourself! I adore that the gorgeous illustrations are printed on the backside of the label, so that it's visible once you turn the bottle around. The type is exquisitely set, the colors are elegant and girly, and I love that it still retains some edge (i.e. skull and bones, bees, etc). It's romantic and soft, but with a bit of a snarl.

The art was created by Denver-based Margot Elena Wells, a self-taught illustrator.

Sidenote: The holidays are coming up....(ahem...)

No comments:

Post a Comment